In Blogging World finding a quality host for your blog is easy but finding a quality free blog hosting is a really big deal. Many bloggers have enough money to buy a quality web host but what about a rest of all. In this tutorial, I am teaching you how to Install WordPress Blog on OpenShift for Dummies.
- WordPress on OpenShift for Dummies
- OpenShift WordPress: FTP And Email Settings
- How to Configure Free SSL on OpenShift WordPress For Custom Domain
What is OpenShift?
If you don’t know about anything OpenShift, It’s a
OpenShift is Red Hat’s Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that allows developers to quickly develop, host and scale applications in a cloud environment.
OpenShift is a PaaS that allow you to run your own app for free with low resources. It offers 1GB storage and 512MB RAM and has support for custom domains. It’s just like a real server, but you get it for free.
- free account with three gears
- 15 Page Views / Second
- 50K Page Views / Month
- 1GB per gear storage
* What are gears? Gears are virtual containers with a set of resources that allows users to run their applications. Small gears give 512MB RAM and 1GB disk quota under the free plan.
How to Setup WordPress on OpenShift
There is only three step to Install WordPress on OpenShift.
- Create Your Account
- Create Your Application
- Setup WordPress Blog
1.Create Your Account
Sign Up for OpenShift if you not create any account with OpenShift. Choose Free Account only and if you have an account already than ignore this step.
2.Create Your Application
1. When you log on in your account, you see below figure like a page. Please click on Create your first application now
2. Choose WordPress QuickStart from the recently open page.
3. After clicking on QuickStart its start a new page where some essential settings for your QuickStart, then click on Create Application button.
It takes some time to create your blog so wait and watch. After setup, it’s open a page where you find your credentials. Just ignore it and click on Continue to the application overview page link.
4. You now able to see your blog address and storage details.
5. Open your Blog URL and its open WordPress Famous Five Minute Installation. Lets Begin.
Setup All Setting.
After Hitting Install WordPress Button, you see a next page where its require your login credentials for accessing your newly created WordPress Blog.
Your Blog is now Ready to Show, But What about Custome URL?
Attach Your URL In OpenShift WordPress Blog
1. Copy Your Newly Created Blog Address.
2. Go to your domain Registrar Setting Page, in my case, I am using a BigRock with CloudFlare. Add a CNAME record points to your OpenShift WordPress URL.
Then go to your application page which is illustrated in Point 1. After your blog address its a change button. Click on it. In Domain Name field, enter your newly created domain address.
Open your newly created domain in the browser window and check it’s all fine or not. You see Home Page open with your Domain but Post still shows a default OpenShift domain name.
3. Go to WordPress Dashboard and select Settings >> General. Change WordPress Address(URL) and Site Address(URL) with your new domain.
4. Now Your Domain and Blog is Rocking.
Now you able to run full WordPress Blog on OpenShift. If you face any difficulties or have any question, please comment below. Thanks for reading and follow my Tutorial. Happy Blogging.