Are you want to start a static blog without installing gems or running programs in your computer or laptop?
What happened when Jekyll meets powerful WordPress?
In my opinion everyone fascinated with “Blogging Like Hacker”.
But the main problem is,
You need a,
- PC or Laptop
- Installation of Gem files or Packages
- Some knowledge of command line and git
But don’t worry,
I am presenting you a new blogging platform.
HubPress gives you Jekyll like functionality with WordPress like a dashboard.
For starting blog,
- Require Internet Connection
- GitHub Account
HubPress is a new cool kid in static blog generators lists.
it’s a real alternative of Ghost.
HubPress give you simple configuration, free hosting, real-time editing environment, social media configurations.
But Why HubPress?
- If you bored from WordPress.
- Don’t Want to Install Gems in your PC’s.
- Want a static site generator with online post writing facility.
- Want to try Ghost but don’t want to spend money on host.
If you agree with above points, then HubPress is right blogging software for you.
How to Install HubPress
Installing HubPress is really a piece of cake.
Open your GitHub account, Follow this setup Instruction.
- Fork the HubPress repository.
- Make small changes to the forked repository.
- Log into the HubPress management console.
- Customise your blog settings.
- Write and publish your first blog post.
Videos for Managing HubPress
Write your First Post
Host and Add Image
Update HubPress to New Version
I am the avid follower of static site generators, but really dislike to install gems on my computers.
Eg. Installing Octopress gem is really easy, but a generating site with Octopress takes a test of your patience.
If you check Hexo, Its generate your blog in seconds.
But my main problem is I don’t have my laptop with me every time.
Where above stated Static Blog Generators need a specific computer for generating your website.
HubPress gives me all static blog generator functionality without fighting with gems or packages. It’s also giving the online dashboard for writing a blog post.
Like every great thing have some defects.
What I don’t like about HubPress,
- Permalink Structure.
- Eg: If I Write “STB Demo Post” Its give me permalink “STB-Demo-Post” but i want “stb-demo-post” like WordPress and Ghost.
- It’s should offer more control to set permalink like WordPress.
- Eg: I want “/stb-demo-post.html” instead of “/2015/06/25/stb-demo-post.html.html”
In my opinion, HubPress is the best software for new blogger or blogger who want to try static blog.
So Folks, If you try HubPress before or try it recently. Share your experience with us.
Don’t forget to share with your friends or in your circle, because sharing is caring.